Bella's Lullaby arr. for guitar by Gregg Nestor

Friday, November 20, 2009

 



Internationally acclaimed guitarist Gregg Nestor has built a strong following for his abilities as soloist, accompanist and arranger. Finalist in the 1981 New York Concert Guild Competition held at Carnegie Hall, Gregg has recorded and broadcast in Holland, Belgium, Spain and for the BBC in London. In his London debut, The Times critic commented on his being “uncommonly communicative, a real artist in timing and shading, in stylish fluency and tact besides wholehearted communication with his composers.” Many works arranged by Gregg Nestor for solo/duo guitars or with various ensemble have been published.

You can hear the preview of his arrangement on Amazon. I really like it. Here is additional information on his arrangement as emailed to me by Gregg Nestor:
"I am glad that you enjoyed the 2 guitar arrangement that I did. I talked to the composer, Carter Burwell, directly and he very kindly sent me his original orchestration of Bella's Theme for full orchestra, exactly as it was recorded. I used it to make the 2 guitar arrangement, and also to create a special version of "Bella's Lullaby" for guitar and orchestra (basically replacing the prominent piano part)."
 Sheet music is available for download here.


Gregg Nestor Links:
Amazon Blog ClassicsOnline

0 comments: